Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

8 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Highest price for an SC ever!!!! I do love them - but.....

Wasn't it Trade Prestige where the owner had "anger management" issues with customers a few years back???

8 hours ago, JLD said:

I’m pretty sure that car is part of the dealer’s ‘collection’. It’s at Trade Prestige, and was there a couple of years ago at a ridiculous price. I think he’s put a high price on it not caring if it sells, but would be ecstatic if it does

Thanks guys, I think I'll play the waiting game on this one, he might not appreciate me coming in and offering 100k, which in my opinion is what a great SC like this is worth in an increasingly softening market..

6 minutes ago, klassisch said:

Thanks guys, I think I'll play the waiting game on this one, he might not appreciate me coming in and offering 100k, which in my opinion is what a great SC like this is worth in an increasingly softening market..

Go in show interest don’t offer a price tell them it’s overpriced otherwise you’d take it. They are advertising this..........

ALL STOCK HEAVILY REDUCED***NO REASONABLE OFFER REFUSED***VIEW STOCK AT http://stock.tradeprestige.com.au/cars                                  OR CALL  (03)9645-1234

14 hours ago, JB said:

Being in the trade and working with a lot of dealers things have been very quiet since June 30th, this has flowed through to the exterior trade. There was a shortage of good stock in the first half if the year so a lot bought up when they could, now a lot are sitting on high inventory and need to move cars. Theory is a month, otherwise 6-8weeks is a problem.

dont know this car in particular but get it checked, go in hard could be a good deal?  Most are working on a 6% bottom  8-10% margin avg.

cheers

jonathan 

Thanks for the advice.

Do you have insight that this applies in other States?

2 hours ago, JB said:

Go in show interest don’t offer a price tell them it’s overpriced otherwise you’d take it. They are advertising this..........

ALL STOCK HEAVILY REDUCED***NO REASONABLE OFFER REFUSED***VIEW STOCK AT http://stock.tradeprestige.com.au/cars                                  OR CALL  (03)9645-1234

Sounds like a good plan ..I would like to see the ask price reduced to 119k  into the realistic range to start a negotiation. I'll report back if I have any news..

3 hours ago, klassisch said:

With respect, there is no need to be concerned with whether or not he appreciates your offer. He can only say no. 

41 minutes ago, klassisch said:

Yes absolutely true, I'm going to go and have a look next week..

How times have changed. No more chase  - refreshing your browser every 5 minutes, finding a gem and beating everyone to get a deposit down. That was fun..

It also helped that the car was worth $10k more the first time you filled it up.

The good old days;)

3 minutes ago, turboT said:

How times have changed. No more chase  - refreshing your browser every 5 minutes, finding a gem and beating everyone to get a deposit down. That was fun..

It also helped that the car was worth $10k more the first time you filled it up.

The good old days;)

Dont forget .... hiding any finds from everyone else in case they grass cut you ... ?

3 hours ago, turboT said:

The good old days;)

3 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Dont forget .... hiding any finds from everyone else in case they grass cut you ... ?

Agree, I bought my first SC like that, deposit down on the first phone call to make sure no one else could snake me, on an Aus delivered car for 64k! What a thrill! So yeah the fun has def worn off watching a nice SC listed several months ago at 169k, now 139k and still 30-40k too much. Don't want to lose 10k the first time I fill it up ?

19 minutes ago, klassisch said:

Agree, I bought my first SC like that, deposit down on the first phone call to make sure no one else could snake me, on an Aus delivered car for 64k! What a thrill! So yeah the fun has def worn off watching a nice SC listed several months ago at 169k, now 139k and still 30-40k too much. Don't want to lose 10k the first time I fill it up ?

$64k. I remember a time when SCs were $30k and I'm not even that old.

I remember a green one that had been hit and repaired on the rear quarter panel. Sat around for a few weeks at the $30k mark.

5 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

$64k. I remember a time when SCs were $30k and I'm not even that old.

I remember a green one that had been hit and repaired on the rear quarter panel. Sat around for a few weeks at the $30k mark.

Yeah def a tough market to buy into knowing the rapid increase in values in recent years. Finding value and a good car not as easy as it was..I'm really wondering how much decreasing asset values, real estate and the like will soften prices in the aircooled market in the coming months, years. I don't really want to catch a falling knife atm..

I'd get used to values/prices hovering or decreasing, as it's pretty obvious the bubble is slowly being deflated from the previous couple of years. Unless a particular car is in a 100 point concourse condition ofcourse. You'd have to go into the purchase of any car with the expectation to potentially lose a little money over the time as a custodian, as nothing is ever guaranteed, so enjoy them for what they are and not what they're worth

Bought my first Jap LHD SC for $12k.. wish i could do that again. 

This 930 Kremer looks very nice & is probably the pick of the 930 bunch for sale at the moment 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/porsche-930-kremer-special-super-rare/223123135914?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Ok, let’s say you buy said SC @ 130k. You have and enjoy for a few years, hardly going to be worth much sub 100k? 

I challenge you to buy any other car at 130k and get even half of it back in 2-3 years. Porsche owners/buyers have just become way too accustomed to the expectation that any purchase will result in a profit on sale. 

Depreciation is a reality, if you are buying and enjoying for the cost of a couple grand a year your still ahead. 

8 hours ago, hugh said:

Ok, let’s say you buy said SC @ 130k. You have and enjoy for a few years, hardly going to be worth much sub 100k? 

I challenge you to buy any other car at 130k and get even half of it back in 2-3 years. Porsche owners/buyers have just become way too accustomed to the expectation that any purchase will result in a profit on sale. 

Depreciation is a reality, if you are buying and enjoying for the cost of a couple grand a year your still ahead. 

Is it a falling market if an overpriced car is adjusted down ?  I don’t think so.  SC prices still seem quite high to me- I haven’t seen any evidence of a drop.  Converted LHD cars with no history are still at $60k-ish.  That’s not a soft market at all.  A soft market would be them failing to sell at $30k.   Any complete car - running or not - will fetch $30k.  Market still solid.

9 hours ago, hugh said:

Correct mate....I bought my 3.2 with the intention of having a weekend cruiser, and If I was ever in the position where I had to sell I would at least get my money back worst case $5-$10k in the red....

i bought it in 2013 and yes whilst it’s skyrocketed in value it wasn’t bought as an imvestement...so I have never been tempted to sell it

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

Is it a falling market if an overpriced car is adjusted down ?  I don’t think so.  SC prices still seem quite high to me- I haven’t seen any evidence of a drop.  Converted LHD cars with no history are still at $60k-ish.  That’s not a soft market at all.  A soft market would be them failing to sell at $30k.   Any complete car - running or not - will fetch $30k.  Market still solid.

+1. I walked into a perth p car workshop during the week and asked the owner hows business after seeing not a stacker or lift unused and cars out the front.  How many were watercooled?   He said with prices increasing in recent times in the AC market, seeing a fair few aircooled cars coming out of the woodwork and owners are spending money sprucing them.  Are they doing that to  sell in a soft market?  

Speaking of soft markets.  80k for a UK 996 turbo auto with 109k. 

14 hours ago, crsedge said:

Anyone with some spare change for a car you couldn't even register in Aus? Guess for that much, it would just be for display purposes.....

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-918-Spyder-2015/OAG-AD-15936392/?Cr=0

Is this the same one that was at Gosford Bunnings with a price increase by $400,000?