Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

11 hours ago, Niko said:

Congratulations A, it looks sensational.    I'd be getting rid of that sticker or you might end up with a bit more than some 'Magnus" patina :P

Have a great Christmas and hopefully you will get out to enjoy the new family member....

Good point re sticker!

Although until it’s registered won’t see it out and about! 

17 hours ago, Coastr said:

After 15 months apart, took it around the block and up the street.  These cars are sooo good to drive, 915 and all.

I don't mind the 915 box, its just a different driving technique.

Most have been great to get out on the road after 15 months

Had the car washed at Muck Off today as a Xmas treat for her.

Bless them, they do an inspection of the car before washing for scratches and bents, the poor guy just looked confused at my 356 🤣

23 minutes ago, red clubbie said:

Hi John,

Did I pass you near the RAAF Base at Richmond today?

I was in my red 928...

Cheers,

Geoff.

Hey Geoff, yep! And I did see you go past, but didn’t realise it was you driving! Great day for it!

15 minutes ago, James P said:

2 of my old cars cruising together... nice one @SteveF & @Dreamr very nice 

Thanks mate ... I was wondering when you were going to show up and see this .. 😅

Its the first time the Series 1 and Series 2 have been together ... there will be many more! ..

Here's one with @jakroo .. 😀

20201227_180528.jpg

20201227_171749.jpg

Well the title should read "where didn't you drive your Porsche today"

Six of us met at PCM, at 0830 this morning and had a free coffee on them before heading off.  Picked up 3 more along the way at Diamond Creek.  Out through Hurstbridge, and King Lake, stopped at Healsville Beechworth Bakery for another top up of coffee and food for those who didn't have brekky.   Then off again to Marysville which was jumping  people everywhere.  Kept going and then did the reverse Reefton, then out through Warburton, Yarra Junction and Powelltown.   

We were booked at the Noojee Pub for lunch at 1.30.   Arrived there at that time, but parking was at a premium.  4 wheelers and Bikes all over the joint.    Anyway after waiting in a long line finally got in and had our lunch and had a good mens chit chat group, while waiting for our lunches.   Wait would have been close to an hour and half from ordering.     But all good we had finished the run and no one was in a hurry.   Lunch was great. Then we all said our good byes and wishes for 2021 and headed off in our directions.

Roads were busy in spots and other spots we had a good run, so a bit of everything.  Pushbikes a bit of a worry though, heaps of them out there and it was a bit daunting coming through the bends at times.   But we did start a lot later than we normally do so I guess we had to expect that.

Just home and about 430 k on the clock I think, or thereabouts for the day.

Good Variety of Porkers.   Only a few photos, as we were pretty well driving most of the day, no time for idle chit chat and photo shoots ...

Piss off 2020......Bring on 2021 and the good weather and more runs.......

Great day, great group of blokes thanks for organising Dave          

IMG_7149.thumb.JPG.2459cd3add3805631429b1d9f1fe52f6.JPGIMG_7153.thumb.JPG.636b6dd6a5db729ef7b3306ad8d05f43.JPGIMG_7154.thumb.JPG.31193f7fd89447dbad62a0f1ad131108.JPG

Drove up to Port Macquarie in my 911 from Sydney after finding my Subaru STI with a flat tyre on Boxing Day. We are 3 adults, parents are both aged 65+, so I was hesitant to take my 997 for 4+ hours drive each way. We had also planned a few touristy activities, so I was worried about the number of times parents would have to get in and out of the car.

With most puncture repair shops closed and mobile ones asking ridiculous prices, we decided to see if 911 would be up for it. And we were pleasantly surprised. It was flawless to drive, sitting comfortably at 110kmph on the highway in sunshine, rain or thunderstorms. I do find the front end a bit light in the 911 compared to my Boxster and being a C2S it definitely lacked the sure footedness of my AWD Subaru. The steering felt a bit vague at times over puddle of water, but otherwise it was flawless.

Parents did struggle a bit getting into the back seat, but they got a hang of it after a few attempts. The car also proved the famed practicality by hauling 3 duffle bags, 2 picnic chairs, mats, and random stuff in the frunk and the backseat. 

We did get a few amusing looks on the roads and while parents were getting in and out of the car. But who cares when I was getting to drive a 911 for 3 days on some amazing roads!

179B204B-7F85-4D06-804E-E450DC47B1D0.jpeg

8B8255C5-A4D2-488D-99AB-AD348B1A2A4D.jpeg

297B225E-70A5-4DE1-B15F-62C8F3C84409.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

3 of us decided to go for a sedate drive this morning, around the Mornington Peninsula.

Left Franga.  did the Beach Road around until the Arthurs Seat turn off.

Then up Arthurs Seat, with a bit of traffic so nothing quick, continued through to Flinders.  Nice coffee and chat.

Then headed back to Mornington for a nice meal at DOCS for lunch.   Perfect day for a drive

Just good easy pace and nice drive and catch up with JB and Dave.   IMG_8217.thumb.jpeg.7c7e7cb764a426cb8261054dce01d8b3.jpegIMG_8223.thumb.jpeg.172be15640c27e6514c4711a9602ad50.jpegIMG_8224.thumb.jpeg.b56f2c0beff696ca30e393c1a7fe7d8a.jpeg d

Was going to a client site when I was corrupted by a mate and diverted to doing a run up to Lake Mountain instead. Had a pie at Beechworth bakery on the way up and a schooner of pale ale on the way back at Innocent Bystander.

Did the same run on Sunday but today had nicer weather overall. Even managed to bump into Hugh at the BP on east link om Sunday as we both filled up. As a matter of interest, for the regular runners, have you noticed tar build up on the rear of the car after the run? After Sunday it was bad and today was even worse.

20210122_162803.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-22 at 5.52.25 PM.jpeg

Did the run up lake mountain about a month ago . Initially I was impressed with road conditions , but yes , when it came to clean the car , i noticed stubborn black residue on the body and rims . Hard to close to impossible to clean.!! Give it a miss  next time .

On Fridays run it sounded like we were driving on bubble wrap. Wonder if that is the black top blistering and that's where the tar comes from. 

My mate was saying when he did the targa stage run through there, during the briefing, they were telling them that the bitumen becomes quite slippery due to the alpine mix used.  It's a softer mix to prevent it from cracking during winter but it literally melts during summer hot days. Don't know true this is but that's what they were told. 

Cleaning the mess up is no problem.  You can use a dedicated tar remover like Gyeon Q2M Tar or I simply used DeSolvIt. Spray it on and wipe clean. Just don't let it get behind any lettering as it might melt the glue too.

IMG-20210118-WA0001.jpeg